Careing for your flowers
Recut flower stems under water with a sharp knife. Remove a ½ ” – 1″ portion of the stem, plus any leaves that will be below the water line.
- Always keep flowers in a cool location – away from heat, drafts, and direct sunlight.
- Use floral preservative, available from your FTD® Florist to make your flowers last longer.
- Without preservative, recut flower stems, change the water, and clean container daily.
- Add water daily to bouquets arranged in floral foam.
- Place arrangements in cool place away from heat, drafts, and direct sunlight.
Flowers to Wear
- Carry corsages and other body flowers in the florist’s box to your destination. Pin or put them on once you’re inside.
- Guard flowers from sudden exposure to cold air.
- Always wear flowers blossoms up, stems down.